Just What is Affiliate Marketing?
In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is marketing through an affiliate – or a person who promotes someone else’s products. In return, the affiliate gets rewarded when a sale is successfully closed.
If the concept is still not clear, you can compare an affiliate with a real estate agent. When the agent closes a deal, he gets a commission. The only difference is that affiliates have a much easier job. They only need to make a referral.
In affiliate marketing, two parties are involved: the merchant (or the company where the products come from) and the publisher (or affiliate – YOU). Sometimes, there is a third-party involved called an affiliate marketing network. This happens when a company does not have its own affiliate program.
What Do Affiliates Do Exactly?
As an affiliate, your main task is to promote a product you’re interested in. You can do this through a variety of methods, but almost all of them are done online.
For instance, if you have a large following on Twitter, you can tweet a link pointing to the product you want to profit from.
Another technique includes creating a website and optimizing it so it has high rankings on Google.
How to Be an Affiliate – Quick Steps
Here is a quick rundown of what you’ll do as an affiliate marketer.
- Register an account with an affiliate program. This will be taught in Step 1
- Verify your account, or wait for the approval.
- When approved, go to the affiliate program’s site and choose a product to promote.
- Once you have a product you’re interested in, obtain your affiliate link. An affiliate link is a unique link that bears your identity as an affiliate. Without this, you won’t make money from sales earned. Together with Step 3 (above), this will be taught in Step 2.
- Use either free or paid methods to promote the product. Don’t forget to insert your affiliate link. This will be taught in Steps 3 and 4.
- Promote your sites and webpages to drive traffic and sales. This will be taught in Step 5.
- Log into your affiliate account to check and enjoy your earnings for the day. After two to three months, enjoy your cash. This will be discussed in Step 6.
Is Affiliate Marketing Worth Your Time?
The answer is a big fat YES.
Although I’m not a top earner, I receive checks from Amazon and Clickbank every month. In fact, just a few hours ago, I went to the bank to deposit a check from Amazon alone. It’s not much, but considering that I didn’t do anything three months ago, I can’t complain.
What You’ll Learn in PAA’s Free Affiliate Marketing Tutorial
Through this website, I will teach you the fundamentals of affiliate marketing. There are several affiliate programs that you can sign up for, but you can start with Amazon.
Here is a list of what you’ll learn in Pinoy Affiliate.
Choose Products to Promote and Your Affiliate Links
- Choosing a Product to Promote
– How to Obtain Your Affiliate Link
Promote Your Affiliate Products Through High-Traffic Free Sites
- Squidoo, Wizzley, Seekyt, and Giftreasury
– Examples of Webpages Promoting Amazon Products
Promote Your Affiliate Products by Creating Your Own Websites
- How to Create a Self-Hosted Site
– WordPress vs Blogger
– Examples of Sites Promoting Amazon Products
NOW, if you’re ready to be a Pinoy Affiliate Academy, start reading Step 1 HERE.
Or get your affiliate marketing lessons here.